Skip to content
Find our current visitor COVID regulations and policies
Terms and Conditions
Need to Know
Conditions of Entry to AQWA:
- All visitors must present at reception to purchase or present their tickets, including those with e-tickets or vouchers; digital/mobile tickets are accepted.
- Shoes must be worn throughout the venue.
- No BYO alcohol permitted. The venue is fully licensed.
- Children must be supervised at all times, including at the Touch Pool.
- Visitors are not permitted to place their hands in open aquariums; except for at the dedicated Touch Pool (located outside next to the Cafe).
- Visitors must follow the directions of our Touch Pool attendants and touch the marine life gently; with respect; and within the water.
- AQWA reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any patron not deemed to be adhering to the above conditions
- AQWA reserves the right to refuse commercial and/or unauthorised video filming or still photography within the aquarium and of its patrons at any time. Recordings used for commercial purposes require express permission from AQWA, signed talent/model release and will attract a fee.
Additional COVID-19 Conditions
- In line with State Government regulations proof of COVID-19 vaccination and face-masks are no longer required to enter AQWA from 29 April 2022.
- Social distancing: during busy periods like WA school holidays, once building capacity limits have been reached AQWA will operate on a ‘one-in-one-out’ entry policy. This is rare, but is a standard procedure that staff will initiate if required. We request that visitors adhere to safe social distancing measures, particularly in queues and within our Underwater Tunnel. Social distancing is up to everyone.
- All visitors must use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Online tickets or gift vouchers DO NOT include priority queuing. All visitors may be required to queue depending on visitor numbers on the day – there are no ‘skip the line’ options.
- General Admission is for 1 visit to AQWA and is valid all day from 9am-4pm.
- An Adult Admission is valid for a person aged 16+
- A Child Admission is valid for a person aged 3-15 years
- A Family Admission is valid for 2 Adults and 2 Children. This offer is not applicable to commercial businesses (such as day-care and vacation-care groups) or any service that charges fees.
- Infants aged 0-2 are free with a paying adult guardian. This offer is not applicable to commercial businesses (such as day-care and vacation-care groups) or any service that charges fees.
- A Concession Admission is valid for those holding a student, pension or health-care care. A valid concession card must be shown upon entry.
- Companion Card holders are accepted free of charge with a paying client. Valid card must be presented.
- Home-school educators are accepted free of charge with a paying home-school student. Valid Home School Certificate must be presented. 1 free Educator per family.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 3 years from the date of purchase, unless otherwise specified.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. Gift vouchers may be transferable (to another product or person) pending approval by the relevant department Manager.
- Please keep your emailed tax invoice as proof of purchase in case your gift recipient loses their gift voucher.
- Vouchers purchased from a third-party and not directly from AQWA (eg. from an Online Tour Agent, voucher gifting website, visitor centre etc.) are subject to that supplier’s T&C and all cancellation/refund requests must be made through their platform/channels and not through AQWA.
AQWA Annual Memberships:
- Annual Members receive unlimited entry to AQWA for 12 months from date of activation. This is valid for all standard opening hours, including peak periods like Public and School Holidays! Standard opening hours are 9am-4pm 7 Days.
- Requirements: an Adult Membership is applicable to those aged 16+. A Child Membership is applicable to those aged 3-15. A Senior Membership is applicable to those holding a valid WA Seniors Card. A Family Membership is applicable to a group of 2A+2C. ID may be requested.
- Annual Memberships are NON TRANSFERABLE (cannot be shared between multiple people) and photo ID will be required when using the membership card. Only the person/s assigned to the card can use the membership.
- Annual Memberships are NON REFUNDABLE, including Gift Card purchases.
- Your 12 month membership is activated upon your first visit, where you receive your membership card, have your photo/s taken and confirm the person/s included in the membership.
- Annual Memberships cannot be cancelled once activated and no credits will be given, irrelevant of visits used or unused.
- Membership Card must be shown for each visit. An AQWA staff member will confirm your identity upon entry against your photo/s on record. Anyone proven to be misrepresenting their identity will have their Annual Membership cancelled without refund.
- Membership Discounts:
-Membership discounts apply to select events, tickets and products only, and discount amounts may vary. No member discount will apply to any Dine Beneath the Sea events.
-Where a Membership discount or waived-entry is applicable on a ticketed event or program, a “Member” fare will be displayed on the online ticket menu. A booking must be completed by the Member using this fare to secure their ticket/reservation. This fare only applies to the Membership holder and cannot be extended to additional guests. The Member’s card must be sighted at check-in.
-Contact our bookings team before booking any Adventure experience or Unique Birthday Party package to receive your 20% Member discount (firstname.lastname@example.org). These discounts can only be applied by our bookings team during the booking process.
-10% discount with our Hillarys Boat Harbour partner Rottnet Fast Ferries is applicable on select voyages. AQWA membership card and photo ID must be shown to receive discount. Further terms and conditions may apply. -10% discount with our Hillarys Boat Harbour partner Down Under Motorcycle Tours is applicable on select tours. AQWA membership card and photo ID must be shown to receive discount. Further terms and conditions may apply.
- Lunch and Entry Combo: Café hot kitchen takes last orders at 1.30pm on weekdays (closing at 2pm) and 2.30pm weekends/holidays (closing at 3pm). Please place your order by these times. The lunch meal is a generous, standard size. Lunch selections are subject to Café availability and may change without notice.
- Glass Bottom Boat and Entry Combo: ‘No shows’ or alterations made on the day incur a 100% cancellation fee and will not be refunded, except where a medical certificate can be provided. Missed sessions will not be refunded, please arrive promptly at least 15 minutes prior to your boat departure time. Participants must be aged 4 or above and physically able to manage stairs.
- AQWA’s Right to Refuse: AQWA reserves the right to refuse any person’s, for whatever reason, participation in our Adventure experiences. A person will be reimbursed should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those terms and conditions set out during their ticket purchase/booking.
- AQWA’s Right to Reschedule: On rare occasions an Adventure session may be rescheduled due to extreme weather or unforeseen circumstances. All Adventure activities are at the discretion of AQWA and may need to be altered or rescheduled in the interests of safety. If a session is cancelled, participants will be offered an alternative day/time or a refund for cost of the experience only.
- Behind the Scenes Pass & Glass Bottom Boat ride: ‘No shows’ or alterations made on the day incur a 100% cancellation fee and will not be refunded, except where a medical certificate can be provided. Missed sessions will not be refunded, please arrive promptly at least 15 minutes prior to your activity start time. Participants must be over the age of 4 and physically able to manage steep stairs, and for Behind the Scenes Pass be able to walk/stand for 60 minutes. All participants must wear enclosed non-slip footwear. All Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a paying Adult. No unauthorised photography/videography is permitted. Your Guide will indicate if and where you may take photos/videos for personal use only during your tour. AQWA reserves the right to refuse unauthorised video filming or still photography within the aquarium at any time.
- Dive or Snorkel with Sharks: full T&C can be found here